North Avalon’s ‘Eerie’

Many rumours have abounded over the years on the origins and occupants of the studio which hangs precariously onto the cliff edge on top of North Avalon. The truth is that William Lumsden, an engineer from Maroubra, built both the house on Marine Parade and the studio up top in 1938. He used it as an office where he could work undisturbed by his children. It has served many purposes since. The photo was taken in the 1980s.

Leave a Reply