Titled ‘Historical artefacts decorating Bungan Castle in 1928’. Geoff visited the castle as a member of the Avalon Cub Pack in the 1950s and clearly remembers the great array of antiques and memorabilia. Sadly, visits[…]
The harnessed horse strains to raise some stone to the construction site urged on by his handler. Note the construction stage on the castle behind.
In 1928 Bungan Head Road winds its way out to a rather lonely and forlorn looking castle.
This video was produced by Society member John Illingsworth to celebrate 35 years of the Society. It includes speeches and toasts from the opening night.
This video shows a clip of the Society’s 9th great historic photographic exhibition conducted over the June 2018 long weekend in the Avalon Beach Recreation Centre.
This poster from the late 1960s was contributed to by the Avalon Preservation Trust (APT), several other like-minded organisations and many locals concerned at the threat of ‘out-of-control’ building by developers and speculators.The threat to[…]
Jervis Sparks used the spelling ‘Barranjoey’ for the headland because that was the spelling used during the period of manned occupation. We chose to respect that decision.
This shows the plan view of the ‘Ava-Putt’ miniature golf course which architect Alexander Stewart Jolly designed (and most likely built) for A.J.Small. The left hand side fronted Avalon Parade – the rectangle indicating the[…]