Welcome, new friends!
Please sign up to enjoy the benefits of membership in the Avalon Beach Historical Society. Membership is $10 per person, per year.
We hold four meetings per year for members featuring guests speaking about the history of the Avalon Beach area with photographs projected onto a large screen.
Objectives of the Society
- To encourage the study and research into the history of Avalon Beach.
- To collect and preserve all items and records of historical interest by purchase, donation or loan.
- To record local history and from time to time publish it.
- To encourage the study of the history of Avalon Beach in the local schools.
- To work actively for the preservation of local buildings and other items of historical interest.
- To provide and install local commemorative plaques.
- To foster the interchange of information among members of the society and other societies.